Our mistakes, missteps, and successes as we learn to live on less

Friday, November 5, 2010

Who I am

I am a wife and a mother of two who suddenly finds that living on very little is crucial.

I've always thought of myself as frugal, as has my husband.  We lived on very little as college students and the first year after we graduated.  Since then, though, our expenses have been creeping up on us, and suddenly living on what we lived on four years ago seems impossible.

I no longer have a choice.  My husband lost his job on November 1.  We are awaiting word from Utah State University on his graduate school admission.  If he's in, he'll most likely start receiving pay again at the end of January.  It will be at least six hundred dollars a month less than he is receiving now.  While a small loan will help make up some of that, I'll be in school during the spring and won't be working to supplement our income until April, at the earliest.

All of this means that I now need to live frugally again.  Very frugally.  I started this blog to help me do that; to track expenses, to evaluate my spending habits, and to share and hear about ideas for saving money.  I think it will be fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment