Our mistakes, missteps, and successes as we learn to live on less

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Amazon subscribe and save

So, this is cool.

I'd heard of Amazon.com's subscribe and save service, but the last time I looked at it (for cloth diaper detergent) it didn't have much that I was interested in.  I hear their prices on diapers are amazing, but since I don't use them, I haven't looked into it.

I was cruising a bargain blog today, and a price caught my eye.  Shawn takes Omeprezole (Prilosec) twice a day, which gets kind of expensive.  The cheapest I can get it consistently is $19 for 42 tablets at Target, and once or twice I've found coupons for other store brands and paid $18 dollars.  This means $30 a month for his medication, and leaving it out of the budget isn't an option, for a lot of reasons that I won't go into (if anyone is actually reading this, you should thank me for not explaining.  Trust me.)

The Subscribe & Save price for name-brand Prilosec is $17.30, and you get $3 off your first purchase.  My plan is to order three, then set up my next order for six months from now, and see if the price drops before then, so I can get it cheaper. Still, the current price is fantastic, and shipping is free. 

I've been looking around the website for other deals, and found a pretty good price on toilet paper.  Sun liquid dish soap is a pretty good price, about 97 cents a bottle, but I usually wait until it drops below 90 cents to stock up.

This is kind of exciting.  Buying this sort of thing online means I get a great price, and I don't have to go to the store, which means I don't make impulse buys.  Win!

1 comment:

  1. You are a good online shopper! I should get into that, sounds like there are some fantastic deals.

    ReplyDelete