Our mistakes, missteps, and successes as we learn to live on less

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Meals for the next two weeks(ish): 12-11 to 12-23

Went to the grocery store today; first trip in ten days. I was hoping to make it fourteen days, but we ran out of cheese three days ago, and I ran out of non-cheese meal ideas.

Grocery total: $42.92. I will get at least twelve meals out of this, using what I have in my food storage already.

Four dollars of the total was on stuff that I really didn't need at all; I bought a package of treats, and a block of swiss cheese just because we like it.

Meal plan for the next twelve days (items I bought today are in bold and italicised):

Sat: Taco salad: tortillas, cheese, ground meat, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, tortilla chips, and olives, if there are any left over from another meal already
Sun: (meal with family.)
Mon:. BLT: homemade bread, bacon, lettuce, tomato, miracle whip. Fruit salad: oranges, canned pineapple, whipped topping
Tue: potato pancakes with eggs and leftover fruit salad
Wed: baked fish with sweet potatoes and salad: lettuce, tomato, oranges, orange dressing
cook an elk roast for three meals
Thurs: Empanadas (recipe TBA)
Fri: pulled elk buscuits, side of salad or fruit, whichever is left
Sat: Stroganoff: elk, mushrooms, sour cream, onion, pasta, beef bullion
Sun: baked oatmeal with bacon, or eat with family
Mon: Chicken and rice soup
Tue: chicken quesadillas: tortillas, chicken, salsa, sour cream, spanish rice
Wed: creamed tuna on bread with side dish TBA
Thurs: freezer meal

No comments:

Post a Comment