Our mistakes, missteps, and successes as we learn to live on less

Saturday, November 6, 2010

How i saved money today

I went to a baby shower for my sister-in-law and impending niece.  I love to crochet a blanket for each of my nieces and nephews before they are born.  It's a gesture of love and of welcome to each of them, and it makes me happy to think of our newest tiny little family member snuggled up warm in a blanket.

It's also a relatively inexpensive gift.  I can buy the yarn for a baby blanket for between four and twelve dollars, depending on the size and how good the yarn sales are.  It's time intensive, (REALLY time intensive) but whenever I watch TV, I work on a blanket, so it turns wasted time into productive time.  I love doing it, and I plan to keep the tradition alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment