Our mistakes, missteps, and successes as we learn to live on less

Friday, November 5, 2010

Quesadilla dinner FAIL

I wanted to make another meal out of what I had on hand, and I had limes on hand, so I decided to make lime chicken quesadillas.  I've made these before, and they were pretty good.  The difference this time was that I had no tortillas.

Learning to make tortillas has been on my to-do list for a long time because we eat so many of them, so I gave it a try.  It was awful.  They were a terrible consistency, they didn't taste good, and they got too brown in the oven.  To make the dinner worse, we didn't have any salsa, and I forgot to cut up the tomatoes, so there was nothing fresh to hide the taste.

Oh, well.  We did salvage the middles of the quesadillas, and that will make good nacho topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment